Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Field charging LiPo batteries
(25-Jun-2023, 10:58 PM)SnowLeopardFPV Wrote: That 500mW is for the AC wall socket adapter which I assume comes with the unit so you can charge it up from the your house 110V mains voltage supply. The "DC Accessory Outlet" just states 12V with no current rating, so who knows what current it can supply. I bet it has piddly thin wires soldered / connected to the back of the cigarette socket which means the current capability is going to be limited by those alone, and the probably have PVC sheathed wires which will melt and potentially catch fire if you try to draw too much current through them.

It's a bit of a ghetto solution but just have an XT60 with two wires coming from it with bare stripped / tinned ends. Then clip the jump start croc clips to the bare wires. Obviously be careful to get the polarity correct !!
Thanks. I don't remember getting any AC adapter with it. There's a male 2-prong input that I just plug an extension cord into to charge it. I was puzzled what the AC adapter was all about.

So there normally wouldn't be some sort of current limiter that limited the output current to whatever the unit could handle?

The adapter at Amazon is cheap, so I'll get it and see how it works. I'll also try the ghetto solution--I have several XT60 connectors with leads, so that's easy to try.

We've been 100% EV since 2017, so I have no use for it as a jump starter anymore. Last time it was put to good use was when my daughter borrowed it to go camping some years ago. Her battery tended to die on her longer outings, and they also used it to charge their cell phones. We keep it just as an emergency cell phone charger in case of power outages. Figured I might put it to some use if possible.

Messages In This Thread
Field charging LiPo batteries - by OntarioDrone21 - 29-Jul-2022, 08:09 PM
RE: Field charging PiPo batteries - by voodoo614 - 30-Jul-2022, 12:01 AM
RE: Field charging PiPo batteries - by kafie1980 - 30-Jul-2022, 03:44 AM
RE: Field charging PiPo batteries - by romangpro - 30-Jul-2022, 05:10 AM
RE: Field charging PiPo batteries - by leestrong - 30-Jul-2022, 11:42 AM
RE: Field charging LiPo batteries - by mrdrew - 25-Jun-2023, 04:23 AM
RE: Field charging LiPo batteries - by aerokam - 25-Jun-2023, 04:27 PM
RE: Field charging LiPo batteries - by aerokam - 25-Jun-2023, 10:37 PM
RE: Field charging LiPo batteries - by aerokam - 26-Jun-2023, 01:13 PM
RE: Field charging LiPo batteries - by aerokam - 27-Jun-2023, 04:19 PM
RE: Field charging LiPo batteries - by stxrus - 26-Jun-2023, 12:58 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does salt water affect lithium batteries? Eyes.fpv 4 164 13-Jun-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Radworm
  Ev800dm goggles not charging? wepp 2 163 18-May-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: wepp
  Why do higher voltage batteries need lower KV motors? Eyes.fpv 1 196 04-May-2024, 01:42 AM
Last Post: SeismicCWave
  Do higher C-rating batteries = lower internal resistance? Eyes.fpv 8 332 09-Feb-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eyes.fpv
  Compass Calibration While in the Field GiantsFan5 1 190 07-Jan-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: SnowLeopardFPV

Login to remove this ad | Register Here