Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want to build a field charging box..
Originally I was building my camper van from a Transit and i was going to run 400W of solar into the 30A MPPT. Then the Transit fell apart. I now have a much smaller van, so 100-200w is probably it for mine, apart from those Perlight panels that measure 1.5m x 0.66m. But right now I only have space to maybe add a small compressor fridge. Still it has a bed, cooker and toilet. As long as you have the basics. Smile

But on the transit i had secondary and tertiary charging capabilities, kind of a failover of a failover. I ended up with 6 solar panels on the roof. The 10w controllers are left over from that little experiment. One kept the vehicle battery topped up and the other charged a backup battery in case the other two failed.

For the two to three days I need the system for, PWM will be fine. If I was going off grid for a couple of weeks, maybe MPPT would be better, but at the same time, I did originally think about adding an external connector to allow a second panel to be used outside on the van to increase charging.
Try Not, Do or Do Not
- Yoda

Messages In This Thread
Want to build a field charging box.. - by Rob Axel - 18-Mar-2023, 05:09 PM
RE: Want to build a field charging box.. - by sevro - 18-Mar-2023, 06:06 PM
RE: Want to build a field charging box.. - by StSV - 19-Mar-2023, 09:26 AM
RE: Want to build a field charging box.. - by StSV - 24-Mar-2023, 06:33 AM
RE: Want to build a field charging box.. - by Pathfinder075 - 28-Mar-2023, 09:08 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tip & Trick Enclosure Box for Power Supply 350W DIY Zorik_IL 3 637 30-Oct-2022, 01:32 AM
Last Post: iFly4rotors
  Tools for a Build mpit52 5 2,157 31-Aug-2017, 01:21 AM
Last Post: Carl.Vegas

Login to remove this ad | Register Here