Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want to build a field charging box..
I do like to parallel charge at home and have them permanently connected to both of my Hotas but I only do that when the batteries are really close together in charge. One thing about specs, these Hotas have high "balance current" which makes them charge most batteries in no more than 40-45 mins at 1c. Other chargers I've used are more like 1hr. The HGLRC parallel board is nice because it gives you xt60 and xt30 on the same board.

But for on the fly charging in the field not sure that parallel can help as much since you can't just throw one on in the middle of another charging. So multi channel chargers make sense to have on hand, but keep the balance current spec in mind on chargers that have more than 2 channels.

I guess it all depends on how long you plan on dwelling at a site, you could also fly 4 packs back to back but land early and use a smart discharger to bring them down to the same storage level. I've got the smaller idst discharger that I use on batteries that I didn't use or fully use on a given day.

Messages In This Thread
Want to build a field charging box.. - by Rob Axel - 18-Mar-2023, 05:09 PM
RE: Want to build a field charging box.. - by sevro - 18-Mar-2023, 06:06 PM
RE: Want to build a field charging box.. - by StSV - 19-Mar-2023, 09:26 AM
RE: Want to build a field charging box.. - by StSV - 24-Mar-2023, 06:33 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tip & Trick Enclosure Box for Power Supply 350W DIY Zorik_IL 3 637 30-Oct-2022, 01:32 AM
Last Post: iFly4rotors
  Tools for a Build mpit52 5 2,157 31-Aug-2017, 01:21 AM
Last Post: Carl.Vegas

Login to remove this ad | Register Here