IntoFPV Forum
Anyone Try Rush Tank (30x30)? - Printable Version

+- IntoFPV Forum (https://intofpv.com)
+-- Forum: Hardware Discussion (https://intofpv.com/forum-hardware-discussion)
+--- Forum: Analogue FPV System (https://intofpv.com/forum-analogue-fpv-system)
+--- Thread: Anyone Try Rush Tank (30x30)? (/t-anyone-try-rush-tank-30x30)

Pages: 1 2

Anyone Try Rush Tank (30x30)? - the.ronin - 03-Aug-2020

I'm getting some noise on the Holybro Atlatl VTX in my Badger that I just can't seem to completely get rid of.  It's that annoying throttle noise.  I even upped my caps from 35v to 50v and have a 400ish at each ESC and a 1000 at the lipo. 

I was thinking of trying out the Rush FPV Tank v2.  I'm opting for the v2 because it has pads to connect their little mic.  If anyones tried either the v1 or v2 full size 30x30 VTX, how was the video noise to you?

RE: Anyone Try Rush Tank (30x30)? - voodoo614 - 03-Aug-2020

Noise is usually not the VTX fail. A different VTX will likely not solve the problem. Cleaning up noise is the first step. And sometimes, the noise will not go away.

RE: Anyone Try Rush Tank (30x30)? - the.ronin - 03-Aug-2020

Agreed. But the VTX itself does have its own noise susceptibility. Yes, sometimes the noise will not go away. Sometimes it will.

So just wondering what kind of experiences others have had.

RE: Anyone Try Rush Tank (30x30)? - voodoo614 - 03-Aug-2020

Personally, I found that ESC is the biggest factor when it comes to noise on the VTX. if you ever watch Drone Mesh test ESC, you will understand the big difference in noise different make.

Thanks again voodoo.

Yea I'm pretty certain my setup is good. I'm just trying to see if I can get rid of this last bit of lines I see on throttle. It's really being super nit picky. So I'm just curious what others think of this VTX ... not necessarily what are good noise mitigation strategies. Thank you though!

RE: Anyone Try Rush Tank (30x30)? - SnowLeopardFPV - 03-Aug-2020

What a coincidence. I just replied to your other thread about a method that used to be suggested back in the days for reducing interference on a VTX. You might want to try it. No guarantees of course, but you have nothing to lose by giving it a go...

https://intofpv.com/t-rf-tape?pid=102289#pid102289

RE: Anyone Try Rush Tank (30x30)? - hugnosed_bat - 03-Aug-2020

i get video noise from high d-values or tune in general, if there is difference in the noise with different values, i try to tune it out.

RE: Anyone Try Rush Tank (30x30)? - Sugs - 03-Aug-2020

I've been happy with my V1, very solid reliable VTX. But I do nothing to mitigate noise in the feed and really haven't noticed if its any better or not.

Thanks guys. I think I'm going to give the Tank v2 a shot. I'm opting for v2 because it has pads for a mic.

I flew the Badger this morning and it's really not that bad. It's just on full throttle I really notice some lines. I'll post here if I notice any difference to the Atlatl. Video was pretty clean before but after a weekend of harsh crashing trying to learn a new trick, I noticed the lines. So bad that it was unflyable. Swapped out the caps and decided to try even higher voltage ones and the lines were mostly gone (I'd note that the old caps did not look busted at all). But still a few lines.

RE: Anyone Try Rush Tank (30x30)? - Maiden Flight - 03-Aug-2020

Hey ronin, I just installed the rush tank ultimate to get a more reliable and strong signal so I can risk a little bit more Smile the build quality of the vtx is very good and the leds and smart audio are such a nice addon. It comes with cable with plug but you can also solder directly to pads. This version has no mic or mic pad. The shell seems good to dissipate heat. It goes up to 800mW. I'll feedback later about the image noise. My racerstar escs may still put a lot of noise in the image Big Grin

RE: Anyone Try Rush Tank (30x30)? - the.ronin - 08-Aug-2020

Guys I'm stoked to report my throttle noise is gone after replacing the Holybro Atlatl with the Rush Tank. I think you are right though, hugnosed. My D's may be a bit aggressive and with my lack of filtering, it's noise amplification likely attributed to the lines. But this Rush Tank took care of it. I punched it to practically the FAA ceiling zero lines LOL. I was so giddy lolol.

I'm replacing the the Atlatl's in my other 2 freestyle quads. I didn't have a problem with lines in them but I really like how this VTX performs. Also I was never too enthused about the lipo strap rubbing up against the bare Atlatl whereas this Tank has a casing.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

RE: Anyone Try Rush Tank (30x30)? - the.ronin - 08-Aug-2020

Ok cool I actually have DVR of both with the Atlatl and Tank v2. Like I said, the noise is minor but it was just bugging the crap out of me ...

RE: Anyone Try Rush Tank (30x30)? - wllmlutz - 09-Aug-2020

(08-Aug-2020, 06:49 PM)the.ronin Wrote: Ok cool I actually have DVR of both with the Atlatl and Tank v2. Like I said, the noise is minor but it was just bugging the crap out of me ...

Rush makes a really good VTX. They run hot though. Gotta be careful if you crash. I had the ultimate on my 5"and when I crashed, the time it took me to get to it it burned up. Sucked cause I really liked it. Clear picture and good range.

RE: Anyone Try Rush Tank (30x30)? - the.ronin - 09-Aug-2020

That's good to know thanks for the heads up!

RE: Anyone Try Rush Tank (30x30)? - ph2t - 09-Aug-2020

You can also get those little LC filters - they helped a mate of mine clear up his video on punch outs.