IntoFPV Forum
Naked Motors and Skirts - Printable Version

+- IntoFPV Forum (http://intofpv.com)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (http://intofpv.com/forum-general-discussion)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (http://intofpv.com/forum-off-topic)
+--- Thread: Naked Motors and Skirts (/t-naked-motors-and-skirts)

Naked Motors and Skirts - Oscar - 11-Jan-2018

Entertainment of the day for you guys Big Grin

Motor manufacturers decided to make "naked motors", they lost the bottom, but the price stays the same.
Now, you can dress up your naked motors with a skirt, so it can look pretty, and exactly the same as it was before it went naked (FFS). You only need to spend a couple of dollars to buy the skirt. Big Grin

It's a new hobby... Fashion show for motors!  ROFL

Where's my motor bikini for the pool party?  Thinking

RE: Naked Motors and Skirts - xcalibur - 11-Jan-2018

Hold on...there are some benefits to having a naked bottom  Big Grin  and I guess that's why this is a "thing" now, but are there any conditions under which adding the skirt back would be beneficial? 

Popcorn

RE: Naked Motors and Skirts - Tom BD Bad - 11-Jan-2018

FFS is right lol!

Do they come in pink with frilly bits?

In answer to your question X.
Naked bottoms are lighter and easier to clean, but don't have the structural support provided by a bottom.
Solid bottoms are less likely to get dirt in them but if they do you will probably need to dismantle the motor to clean it, heavier but more durable.

RE: Naked Motors and Skirts - RENOV8R - 11-Jan-2018

Sexy!

RE: Naked Motors and Skirts - Carl.Vegas - 11-Jan-2018

Wait... wasn't it recently a trend to maximize the airflow? this sounds like it would obstruct airflow... 0.o

Although I think a pink skirt would be great! ♥ ROFL

RE: Naked Motors and Skirts - xcalibur - 11-Jan-2018

(11-Jan-2018, 03:13 PM)Tom BD Bad Wrote: In answer to your question X.
Naked bottoms are lighter and easier to clean, but don't have the structural support provided by a bottom.
Solid bottoms are less likely to get dirt in them but if they do you will probably need to dismantle the motor to clean it, heavier but more durable.

So you get the best of both by having the ability to add the bottoms back...for say...if I want to go fly in a desert and want some extra protection. 
But they should really include a set of bottoms (pink seems to be the consensus Tongue ) and have other colors available for purchase.

RE: Naked Motors and Skirts - Carl.Vegas - 11-Jan-2018

(11-Jan-2018, 04:14 PM)xcalibur Wrote: So you get the best of both by having the ability to add the bottoms back...for say...if I want to go fly in a desert and want some extra protection. 
But they should really include a set of bottoms (pink seems to be the consensus Tongue ) and have other colors available for purchase.

having had the experience of a desert disaster when I went back home to LV this now sounds much more appealing!

Now if they start selling pink ones with MLP on them I'll know which ones to buy too Wink

RE: Naked Motors and Skirts - fftunes - 18-Jan-2018

Hmmm... for naked motors you could actually make 3d printed bottoms... that would at least keep out some dirt. Thinking

RE: Naked Motors and Skirts - JukeJoint - 19-Jan-2018

Would be a cool option to make fun shapes for bottoms. I'd put some spikes or a turbine shape on them.

RE: Naked Motors and Skirts - jimbo_wa - 19-Jan-2018

I did see that Mr Steele is launching an Ethix v2 of his motors - they come with removable polycarbonate 'pants'...

I do like the version with integrated bumper.

RE: Naked Motors and Skirts - Tom BD Bad - 19-Jan-2018

(Yesterday, 10:25 AM)jimbo_wa Wrote: I did see that Mr Steele is launching an Ethix v2 of his motors - they come with removable polycarbonate 'pants'...

That's just sexist!

RE: Naked Motors and Skirts - Carl.Vegas - 19-Jan-2018

Pants? does that make his motors transgender? or just tomboys?

RE: Naked Motors and Skirts - jimbo_wa - 19-Jan-2018

The definition of pants...

Americans:

Rest of the world: